Friday, December 29, 2006

Hey Ma, can we go see the hangin'?

So, Saddam is dead.

I have no problem with it.

At this point, what I gather from his execution is the realization that Western civilization isn't quite as 'civilized' as we'd like to believe.

When I was a kid, I thought it was horrible and barbaric that people would come to town to watch a hanging. Make sort of a holiday out of it.

Now here I am, waiting along with the rest of the world for the video of Saddam swinging to be released.

I haven't seen any combat. But the war on terror and internet coverage of it has made me harder. I've seen dozens of beheadings, burnt bodies being dragged through streets and hung from bridges, body parts strewn across the streets of Tel Aviv.

I gather I'm not alone. Fox News, running out of analysis and fresh news after the execution, has taken to running Iraqi atrocity clips behind their talking heads.

Give 'em the blood they demand, baby. If it bleeds it leads.
Tags:

No comments: