Monday, January 24, 2005

Boomer Mortality Cometh

I'm back at work, a little the worse for wear from the nasty bug that ripped through the family last week. Bleah.

I'm also still in a Formula 44D - induced delerium, so I won't try to put together a structured post.

I just want to say how much I'll miss Johnny Carson. Hard to believe he'd been away from show biz for twelve years. What star power. It seemed to me that he'd always been around, and always would be. The fact that he's gone only punches home the fact that I, moi, am also getting older. Soon to crest the hill and such. Scary.

I always wanted some of those double-eraser pencils Johhny would tap on his desk during breaks. Too late now, I guess. Maybe I'll see if somebody has some on Ebay.

Oh yeah. Poker bloggers might want to note that Johnny was a regular in one of the most exclusive Hollywood home games going for many years. That will be a big chair to fill.

RIP, Johnny.

No comments: