Thursday, March 10, 2005

It's Official... I'm a Fan

I had said before in a previous blog incarnation, I really detested the Wesley Crusher character in TNG Star Trek. I mean, lots of us did, no secret there.

Nuttin' personal against Wil Wheaton, who did a helluva job in Stand By Me and so on.

And, I really don't care for greasy fan boy type stuff. Even though I am a geek. So my better half tells me.

But I do count Wil's blog among my guilty pleasures, and I had been looking forward to his return to the tube tonight on CSI. I had read his entries regarding being cast, and his experiences on the set. Part of what I like about Wil's blog efforts is that he's straight up. Even if it might be a bit uncomfortable. And, as he put it, he was so happy to be on the show, he almost pissed himself.

As the show went on, I wondered if they had bumped his episode, until they mentioned "homeless guy". And there I was, smiling! Holy cripes.

A small part, very very well done. As a guest player, he was overshadowed timewise by one of the Baldwins, but Wil kicked Baldwin ass.

I really hope this will lead to bigger and better things for him. The guy can act. Nice damn job, Wil.

No comments: